Gympie Inspections Services can assist you with any building, pest and pool safety inspection you may require.
Brett has over 35 years experience in the construction industry. As an award winning builder he knows what to look for, and is familiar with all types of buildings and structures. Over the past 10 years, Brett has also worked as an inspector so is familiar with both areas within the industry.
Living in a rural area it is important to check things that may not be relevant in the city. For example, many clients who have moved from the city to the country do not think about the water usage. They are used to turning on a tap and clean water comes out, but even properties in town often have water tanks, and for rural properties this is your only source of water. Brett checks the quailty of the tank and the fixtures with all building inspections, something people buying a property forget to do.
Brett offers a one stop shop for all your inspection needs.
With all those years of knowledge and experience in the building industry, and with some additional training, Brett can now offer the following services:
- Pre-purchase Building Inspections (Residential)
- Pre-purchase Building Inspections (Light Commercial)
- Pre-sale Inspections and Handover Reports
- Stage Inspection Reports
- Pool Safety Inspections
- Dilapidation Reports
- Specific Item or Defect Reports
- Owner Builder Advice and Assistance
Why use Gympie Inspection Services?
- Licensed with the Qld Building and Construction Commission.
- 35 years working in the building and construction industry.
- An eye for detail and personalised service.
- Fixed inspection prices at competitive rates.
- Fully qualified and insured.
- One stop shop. Building, pool and pest inspections catered for.
- Reports produced to a high standard. Photos included.
- Reports comply with the relevant Australian Standard.
- Reports produced within 24 hours of the inspection. (Email only)
Most common defects found on building sites
- Tiling (floor)
- Roof cladding
- Wet areas – waterproofing membranes (internal)
- Wall cladding
- Driveways and paths
- Timber framing
- Waterproofing membranes (external)
Timber posts on patios etc. are installed below the ground or concrete level.
This leaves the post subject to moisture which causes wood decay. It also leaves the post subject to a potential termite attack.
Non complaint handrails are a common defect
Lack of protective coating can result in rust
The screws on this metal roof have rusted
Phone: 0413 717 579
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday Morning: By Appointment
QBCC Licence No 1207062
Trade qualified carpenter and a licensed builder
Diploma of Building
Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
Qualified Building Inspector
Qualified Pool Safety Inspector